Sunday, 5 June 2011

Mix Jones #1: I'd Be Joey From Friends if He Was Always Drunk aka NO PARTIES! NO CASUALTIES!



This is a compilation of punk songs about TV. This is what I came up with. I tried to avoid some of the really obvious ones as I made it as a response mix to the mix of my friend Ditty (who made the sweet fucking cover art you see above) and wanted to avoid any and all of the songs he used, I still let a few unavoidable tracks like the opener creep in though. At first I thought I might be struggling for tracks and then I remembered how all punk rockers are pathetic nerds who love singing about having crushes on characters in TV shows or pathetic nerds who love singing about how how all of TV is a mass market capitalist sedative forced by lizard scum upon a bovine audience of sofa tubers. I think I let it get away from me a bit. The first draft was 50-odd tracks long, so I did pretty well to get it down to this length. For a long while I opened with the Minutemen's Corona. Could've done with another five songs or so of trimming but fuck it, I need to go to bed.

I'd Be Joey From Friends If He Was Always Drunk

Tracklisting:
01. Choking Victim - 500 Channels
02. Fancy Pants and the Cellphones - Love Cruise
03. The Dickies - Banana Splits
04. Hextalls - Televisionary
05. Connie Dungs - Teenaged Punks on Talk Shows
06. Dead Milkmen - Born to Love Volcanoes
07. Screeching Weasel - 99
08. Neopunkz - If I Watch the TV
09. Butthole Surfers - TV Star
10. Teenage Gluesniffers - Immoreality Show
11. Good Clean Fun - A Healthy Dose of Reality Television
12. Knuckle-hed - Cable TV
13. Jake and the Stiffs - TV and My Baby
14. Plasmatics - Just Like on TV
15. Dead Kennedys - MTV Get Off The Air
16. Shorty Cat - TV Show
17. Oblivion - We Hate Reruns
18. Bomb the Music Industry! - Blow Your Brains Out Live on TV!!!
19. The Steinways - Everybody Loves Raymond
20. Spoonboy - Fireball (Or What I Learned From TV)
21. Golliwog - Commercial TV Sell Shop Show
22. The Capitalist Kids - Television is the Opium of the Dumbasses
23. Southside Stranglers - Too Much TV
24. The Toy Dolls - Alec's Gone
25. BBQ Chickens - Sesame Street Theme
26. Eddy Current Suppression Ring - Colour Television

Length: 1:01:51


No comments:

Post a Comment